Bluegrass, Beer, and Barbecue returns to James Weldon Johnson Park!
Your favorite James Weldon Johnson Park festival is back! Join us for Bluegrass, Beer, and Barbecue on September 17, 2022, from 5 pm to 10 pm.
Hosted by John Scott from 99.1 WQIK, we’ll be pigging out on delicious food from baby-back ribs to corn on the cob served by Jacksonville’s best barbecue trucks such as The Butt Hutt Smokehouse, Fae’s BBQ, The Smoked Meat Militia, The Saucy Pig, and more! We will feature local and regional beers – check back for the full list! Our “Beer Theatre” will feature brew master tastings, home brewing discussions, BBQ & Beer Food Pairings, and more! Plus, a Boot Scoot Dance contest, lawn games, and crafts for the kiddos.
Live music will feature Ft Pierce’s Pubgrass band Uproot Hootenanny and Jacksonville’s own Firewater Tent Revival!
The festival is FREE to attend but tickets are being sold for our VIP Area!
For just $50.00 per person, you will receive:
- Access to a VIP area with shade and a dance area closest to the stage.
- Air-conditioned Port-a-Jon
- JWJ Drinking Stein with UNLIMITED beer refills
- Opportunity to participate in our Stein hoisting contest
- Plus: 5 lucky VIP members will be chosen at random to be a judge in our “Best Rib Cookoff Contest”
The concert presented by Friends of James Weldon Johnson is free to attend, but for VIP Tickets click here.
Limited seating is available at this event. You are welcome to bring your own chair! Dogs are welcome too!